Sunday, October 13, 2013

Just a few more reasons to love General Conference!!

Did you get to watch or listen General Conference last weekend?! If you want to check it out again, or maybe for the first time just check out lds.org and you can find the whole thing right there!!
I get so excited when it's time to see and hear our living prophet and apostles as they address so many specific topics during conference.
This year was, once again, completely amazing.
I won't review every talk, but there are a few quotes that I borrowed from Pinterest, and they come from a few of the talks that really stood out to me.
The brilliant thing about conference (and any church meeting, really) is that one talk can have so many different meanings depending on who is listening and what they might be in need of during that specific time in their life.

Anyway, here are just a few quotes that were really awesome!

 Loved Elder Dube's talk! He was so neat!

  Ok - Elder Holland. What more can I say? He is amazing and in my notes during his talk I wrote down, "He did it again!"
  His topic was one that I don't think many of us give a lot of thought to on a regular basis. But of all times for him to deliver a message about how to help and love those who suffer from heavy depression, this was the perfect time for us in our family. We have someone close to us in our extended family that is going through some of the challenges mentioned by Elder Holland and from the very beginning of this talk, all the way to the end, I know that this was an answer to many many prayers.
  Obviously our family is not the only one to have trials or challenges, but it's amazing how he is able to speak as though he specifically knows just what is happening and the kind of help we pray for!
  I'd like to just post the whole talk - but I'll stick with some highlights. :)
  Definitely one of my favorites, especially because it applies to all of us, no matter what our afflictions might be.

Pres. Monson is amazing, too, and I think we are all so endeared to him and his sweet personality with his ability to relate to us each time he speaks.

Pres. Uchtdorf is always one of my favorites, too! Did we not all come away with this quote buoying us up?! That was so powerful to me when he said that. Loved it!

I hope you all had at least one message that particularly stood out to you and came as an answer to prayers. I love this church, the gospel, and the living prophets we are so blessed to be led by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your highlights! They are great reminders!