Monday, September 23, 2013

Some catching up to do

Wow, it's almost the end of September! Where has the time gone? For those 2 or 3 people who look at this blog, I'm sure you're ready for something else to look at (right, Dad? :)
So here is a picture montage for your pleasure...

Labor Day at the park with the family!
 The following picture is also from Labor Day. Dad decided to float the river a little while we were down at Municipal park, but he also managed to convince Malia to go with him. The problem? There was only one tube. The other problem? It doesn't hold two people. Of course Dad has high hopes in situations like that and he was sure that it was going to be fine.
  Please note that this picture was taken about 30 seconds after they launched out from the little beach.   
     Another couple of details that I would like to bring your attention to are:

  A) Dad is walking/pushing the tube (as opposed to actually riding on it), and

  B) If you look close enough towards the middle of the right hand side of the picture, Malia's feet are completely up in the air, which can only lead us to believe that she's quite possibly tipping over backwards.
Believe it or not, they made it out in one piece a little further down the river.

 We also went to the wedding of a family friend, and one of the guys who David used to hang out with and get a kick out of. I had to snap a shot of all the spiffy looking guys of the wedding party so that David could see them. :)
  We've also had a couple birthdays this month and here we are enjoying an all time favorite treat - cream cheese pie!! If you love cream cheese then this is the thing for you!
   Now that David is out of his room we're spiffing it up and making it truly live-able again. He actually had to live in it with some pretty disgusting carpet and things like that, and he claimed that the minute he left he knew we'd finally fix it up. He was right, poor guy! Oh well, at least now he'll have something nice for when he gets home.
  Say goodbye to that terrible, ancient carpet!
 And hello to something much more comfy and clean! We're not done in there yet, but it's slowly coming together.
   So, I worked at a flowershop (actually a warehouse, but still) for the past year but once I started college this fall, I knew it was time to bid the place farewell - but don't you worry, I still get to rock the hairnet as a lunchlady! Well, over the last several months there were a couple of the grizzliest, scruffiest old men I've possibly ever met and they were hired to work there, too. At first I didn't know if I would be able to handle them and some of their less than favorable past times (smoking up a storm right outside the big warehouse door...) but who knew that they would turn out to be some of the funniest co-workers I've had?
  Somehow I was also given the name of "Little One" by one of the guys, Mike, and after a while I got pretty used to hearing, "LITTLE ONE!" shouted to me from across the warehouse when Mike needed me to come help with something.
  Anyway, once I told them I had to quit working there they constantly told me that I better come back and see them. Well, I finally did for the first time since school started and before I left they let me go in and pick out a lovely bouquet of roses (Sweet Unique, just FYI) to "take home to your mom". There's a lot about that job that I won't miss, but it was sure cool to learn so many varieties of flowers, and have those two clowns around to make me laugh.
  This past Saturday most of us girls also did the women's walk that we've done for years. Our friend Monika came with us this time and it was pretty fun! Mom and Grandma made us some BSU hats to wear while we walked, but in the end, they were the only two who wore their hats out of the house... :)
  As soon as I got home from the walk I headed down to the fairgrounds for the Highland Games. We get to dance there pretty much every year and this one went pretty good! I love the celtic culture and the atmosphere of the games, so it was fun to check out some of the vendors and watch a bit of the actual games that were going on.
 To end that busy day we did our fall birthday party at Grandma's house. It was too cold to be outside, but some of the little cousins made up a birthday cheer and herded all of us out to watch it. Good times!
 And the last picture is one that David sent us a week or so ago. He's told me before that they basically walk everywhere, and as a result, this is what happens! Of course, there are many a great missionary who have gone before him and had the same "problem" of wearing through their shoes, I'm just happy to see that he's following in some great footsteps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! I love the update! I miss that flower shop too!!