Sunday, July 21, 2013

Yay, it works again!

It's a miracle!!! I've tried blogging for the past couple weeks and it was not working. Ugh! But here it is back in action and this pleases me. :)

So real quick I'm going to catch up with a few of the highlights of...June (sad it's taken me this long) and then hopefully I can get current with this month, or what's left of it.

In June we had a couple of our cousins stay with us for about a week while my aunt and uncle were out of town. While the girlies were here we did some swimming, movie watching, greenbelt walking/river wading, and picnic-ing. It was a busy week and we had a good time.
Here they are during the day at the river.
 
Also right around that time one of my best friends had her first baby!!
A little boy, who we can't get enough of. :)
Mom and I went up to the hospital a couple times to visit them there and it was so nice of our friend and her family to let us take a turn lovin' on Baby. Who can resist?!

While we had the girls here we also went to the Emmett Cherry Fest with them and my grandma. We Irish dance there pretty much every year, so lucky for us, we always have a good reason to go check out the fun. And of course, you can't go to places like that and not give in to trying some of the delicious fried food that can be smelled from miles away. :) 


   This little squirt, Journi, is a live-wire and she kept us constantly entertained while they were here. One night Mom and I got home late from clogging and found Dad in this chair with Journi totally cuddled up, sound asleep on his lap. The next night she told Dad, "You should sit in that chair again so I can sit on your lap." Naturally in this picture I caught her at her truest side - crazy!!

It was also Father's Day (which I'm sure you know) so we indulged Dad with a Superman card. Ever since Dad was little, Superman has been one of his favorite superheros. As most of you also know, the newest version of Superman also came to theaters in June, so when we told Dad that we were going to take him to see it as his Father's Day present, he said, "Oh, you mean you're taking me to my debut?" Haha...right.
  Can't you just see the resemblance in this picture?

 June is also Malia's birthday month, so we had a little combined b-day/Father's Day dinner with us and Grandma. It's hard to tell in the picture, but this year's random present wrap job was an old Christmas clothes box (you know those flat ones that usually hold that brand new pair of Christmas jammies, or things like that? :), then we taped all around it multiple times with packing tape. What fun is it to open if you don't have to work for it a little? Muah ha ha.

 Also for Malia's birthday we made her a treat and took it into her work to surprise her. It was a double bonus for me because I got to try making s'mores cupcakes! If I haven't mentioned this a million times already (sorry), one of my favorite things to do is bake or cook. This recipe was from one of the Best Bites cookbooks, which we are loving, and it was fun to try them out.
  They have a marshmallow creme frosting, graham cracker crust, chocolate cupcake, and then crushed grahams on top - with a little Hershey square to top it off. If you're a chocolate freak like me, then try them out one day. Mmmm!

Whew, ok, now that June is taken care of...on to July!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Tiana! I miss you and I CANNOT wait for the reunion so I can see more of your face;) Two things:
I LOVE your hair wavy like that! And you should be a professional food photographer and chef because those cupcakes look absolutely DElicious!

The Toad said...

I LOVED having you guys come see us!!!!! Best thing ever!!!! :D