Sunday, June 1, 2014

May in all it's glory

Hi everybody! Did you think I'd forgotten about you?
May has come and gone and it's already June! It was a pretty full month and kind of non-stop, which is why there has been a serious lack of blog posts lately. But for your sakes I'll try to keep the commentary from dragging too much and I'll just narrate a little as we go, since, let's be honest, pictures are the best parts about looking at a blog (usually) anyway. :)

To start off the month I rode to Twin with the Ingrams (and a couple Griggs :) so we could get our jig on at the Highland Games at CSI. We had two performances that day and filled the time there by eating some of the best burritos this side of the border, as well as stopping at an ice cream shop in Buhl that is actually calling my name right now!
  During the last performance there, a bunch of my cousins and their kids, plus Grandma Farns all came to watch. It was the best to look out in the audience and see almost one whole side of the crowd filled up with people from my family.
 That's the good stuff.

Mother's Day weekend was quite the perpetual shindig as well. Grandma Farns came up for a couple of days plus we had Grandma Jack over, too. We went to a movie, watched the play of "The Secret Garden", ate, and ate (Dad was in charge of the menu - need I say more?), AND we all got to be here to talk to David on skype. It was his last one, which means that the next time we see him - it will be in person!!!!! 

We all gathered around the computer and waited for "the call" to come in from Brasil.

There he is!! I tried to take others pictures of him, but they turned out kind of blurry. Since this was the third time to see him on Skype during his mission, this round was more of a visit than a "tell me everything since it's been so long" kind of conversation - if that makes any sense. 
We all just talked and told stories the whole time. I told him a couple stories that made him throw his head back and laugh and it was just like he always used to do. 
I miss that guy! Him and I hung out so much before he left so even though I'm totally good with him being where he is, there are still those moments when I just miss him more than usual, so it was good to see that we can still make each other laugh like we used to.

And here we are at the end of the party. It was such a good weekend!

Then even more recently it was Dad's birthday, so of course we did a dinner for him. I got to try my hand at making a butterscotch mousse for the dessert, so I was excited about that.
As long as I can remember, Dad has been a Superman fan, and I think that was always his favorite superhero from when he was a kid. Mom found this sweet bag for him, which he claimed is a self-portrait. :) I helped him bring his ego back down to size by telling him if he stuck out his neck a little for this picture, it would eliminate some of his chins! :) Haha!! 

I babysat one of my best little buddies, PJ, and his little brother Patrick, plus a little girl in the ward, Ava. We loaded up into the car and went to the park for a while. I just die when I see this picture! Time with those boys is pretty much summed up by what's going on in that moment. :)

We had our clogging Spring Show last week and here we all are in our rockin' Western wear! 

And to end May with a bang, Malia and I took a little road trip to Twin and Jerome for a girls' night with a few of our cousins and Grandma Farns. Malia and I got there a little early so we headed to the mall (which is the sight behind us in our "selfie") to wait for the rest of the gang to get there. 
There's a nice theater in the Twin mall so we met up with the girls, got our tickets to the new movie, "Maleficent" then drove over to The River Rock Grill for dinner before the movie. 
Afterwords we stayed the night at Grandma's, watched a couple old episodes of "Sherlock Holmes" with her, and then headed back to Boise on Saturday morning. 
Good times!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

wow very neat, you were busy.